andriod logo

Do you have something on your mind that is not related to the devices below? You should ask us or the community.

andriod logo

Postby islandguy3 » 20 Jan 2016, 20:50

Frustrated....

As a hobby I refurbished laptops and sold them on ebay. Armed with this experience I purchased a acer Acer A500 tablet that was broken and after much time got it operating again. I decided to buy another broken tablet hoping to get enjoyment of fixing it.

This tablet boots to acer logo, then starts android OS and stops with an droid (with open an open stomach and a rotating digital beach ball. This routine starts over again after a few minutes.

Can anyone HELP me? I have copied android 4.0 os to sd card and tried to install without any success. Pressing the volume up + power button gives me the follwing response:

Erasing Cache before SD update...
SD update cmd: recovery
--UPDATE_package=SDCARD : update.zip
Booting recovery kernel image

This only brings me back to driod with beach ball. What can I do? Or what am I doing incorectly.
I am tring to learn the android os.
Thanks in advance
Al :cry:
islandguy3
Junior Owner

Reputation point: 0
Junior Owner

Re: andriod logo

Postby freightyard » 21 Jan 2016, 15:12

islandguy3 » 20 Jan 2016, 14:50 wrote:Frustrated....

As a hobby I refurbished laptops and sold them on ebay. Armed with this experience I purchased a acer Acer A500 tablet that was broken and after much time got it operating again. I decided to buy another broken tablet hoping to get enjoyment of fixing it.

This tablet boots to acer logo, then starts android OS and stops with an droid (with open an open stomach and a rotating digital beach ball. This routine starts over again after a few minutes.

Can anyone HELP me? I have copied android 4.0 os to sd card and tried to install without any success. Pressing the volume up + power button gives me the follwing response:

Erasing Cache before SD update...
SD update cmd: recovery
--UPDATE_package=SDCARD : update.zip
Booting recovery kernel image

This only brings me back to driod with beach ball. What can I do? Or what am I doing incorectly.
I am tring to learn the android os.
Thanks in advance
Al :cry:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=2049778
freightyard
Testers Group

Reputation point: 163
Junior OwnerJunior Owner

Return to What's Your Question?