Help with my Acer acer iconia a501

Discussion about the Acer A500/A501 (general chat, tips & tricks, Q&A, etc)

Help with my Acer acer iconia a501

Postby havok » 07 Oct 2012, 05:01

I see alot about the a500 is the is same rom? And where do i start is there a good tutorial from start to finish? I'm trying to go to ics 4.0. I'm on 3.2 now. tried to run the TWC app for live tv and needed to be on 4.0 or higher. That is what lead me here. please help
havok
Junior Owner

Reputation point: 0
Junior Owner

Re: Help with my Acer acer iconia a501

Postby NathanX » 18 Oct 2012, 09:41

Why cant you system update you have a a501 me too running 4.0.3 just go to settings about tablet and go sytem update and you should update to 4.0.3 it will take a while to download and to install it will shut down if that doesnt happen you have a problem.

The acre a501 is currently sopost to be running 4.0.3
Acer A500 iconia tab WiFi only
4.4.2 ROM v1 (its awesome get it now)
Touch recovery 1.8.1
Skrillax_cz's v9 boot loader
32 GB micro external SD card
Current problems:
*32gb External sd card wont format to ext4 for lubuntu in recovery 1.8.1
*No chocolate in hand
NathanX
Helpful Owner

Junior Owner

Postby DeanoD » 30 Jan 2013, 01:28

And who, exactly says that the a501 is SUPPOSED to be running ICS?? Acer, who has all but denied the very existence of this product?? The carriers who sold it with false promises of an upgrade?? The retailers who would sell their grandmother for sex if it made them a buck?? Where are you writing this from that you have been granted said access to ICS?? OTHER than a very few rare cases, nobody in North America has or will receive ANY such update from ACER! The only available option for any of us idiots (yes, me included) who bought this load of BS, is to rely on the skill of the hackers that grace these pages. I hope Acer does well with this weeks supported product, because the rest of us have LONG memories. And the REALLY SAD part? The a501 is actually a GOOD product. But, you can let me know when or where I am SUPPOSED to get this upgrade. ;-Deano
Sorry for the rant, but it struck a nerve as I struggle to learn how to do the upgrade on my own.
DeanoD
Helpful Owner

Junior Owner

Postby roses » 28 Dec 2013, 12:52

Nice post DeanoD
roses
Junior Owner

Junior Owner

Re: AW: Help with my Acer acer iconia a501

Postby Piehti » 29 Dec 2013, 18:06

DeanoD wrote:And who, exactly says that the a501 is SUPPOSED to be running ICS?? Acer, who has all but denied the very existence of this product?? The carriers who sold it with false promises of an upgrade?? The retailers who would sell their grandmother for sex if it made them a buck?? Where are you writing this from that you have been granted said access to ICS?? OTHER than a very few rare cases, nobody in North America has or will receive ANY such update from ACER! The only available option for any of us idiots (yes, me included) who bought this load of BS, is to rely on the skill of the hackers that grace these pages. I hope Acer does well with this weeks supported product, because the rest of us have LONG memories. And the REALLY SAD part? The a501 is actually a GOOD product. But, you can let me know when or where I am SUPPOSED to get this upgrade. ;-Deano
Sorry for the rant, but it struck a nerve as I struggle to learn how to do the upgrade on my own.

You are just totally right. I'm so glad I went with the TF101 and not the Iconia501. ASUS also denies Updates but the community of the Transformer Pads is awesome. Especially Timduru is my personal hero. My olé TF101 runs as fast as a quadcore Pad. :)

@havok: You can update your A501 to 4.0.3 through Acer OTA. Else you will have to go through rooting, and reflashing. But most often you will lose the 3G ability. Also there are some random problems occuring when flashing, so I'd suggest to go with the OTA Update and only leave the stock ROM, if you are unhappy with it - after testing it.

Anyway... Acer, Asus and all the others should be ashame to abandon theire products (and with it theire customers) so fast. They are expensive enough to expect an up to date OS for at least 3-5 Years... Maybe I'm old fashioned but I cant (and dont want to afford) so much money every now and then, just because the producers are lazy and greedy bastards. :)

Merry XMAS / New Years Eve.

Gesendet von meinem Transformer TF101 mit Tapatalk
ASUS eeePad Transformer TF101

Visit my Blogs at http://myandroidanme.blogspot.de
Piehti
Junior Owner

Reputation point: 1
Junior Owner

Postby menka100 » 25 Mar 2014, 12:16

hello i need help i flash mi a501 to a a500 rom and now my 3g wifi and gps is not working how to put it back to a original a501 rom please help my
menka100
Junior Owner

Junior Owner

Return to Acer A500/A501 Discussion