Help Please

Discussion about the Acer A500/A501 (general chat, tips & tricks, Q&A, etc)

Help Please

Postby Carpenter1 » 29 Apr 2017, 22:13

I'm sorry for being a newbie but I have been trying for a few hours now to
update my ACER A500 to be able to download newer software (APPS) from store
I have tried all the bellow and after I try holding the volume down and power on
the little guy starts and then lays down , can't load files.
I have extracted all the files to SD card ... what am I doing wrong?
Running 4.0 right now

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1437
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1690
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=363
Carpenter1
Junior Owner

Reputation point: 0
Junior Owner

Re: Help Please

Postby hubmaster080 » 30 Apr 2017, 01:27

Carpenter1 » 29 Apr 2017, 15:13 wrote:I'm sorry for being a newbie but I have been trying for a few hours now to
update my ACER A500 to be able to download newer software (APPS) from store
I have tried all the bellow and after I try holding the volume down and power on
the little guy starts and then lays down , can't load files.
I have extracted all the files to SD card ... what am I doing wrong?
Running 4.0 right now

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1437
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1690
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=363
you need to unlock bootloader....check out bad sector.....type it in search bar on top of page or follow this link
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1857
Secondly....do you know how to put device in apx mode?
It needs to be in apx mode when you do bad sector.....and thirdly....you need to know cpuid and sbk before you start ANY of this!!!!!!

Then you need to install twrp 2.0 beta 4 from recovery section before you try to install any cm or omni ROM
hubmaster080
Senior Owner

Reputation point: 18
Junior Owner

Postby Carpenter1 » 30 Apr 2017, 02:51

Thanks for the reply, wish I was more educated in this manner but seeing I'm only
a carpenter I guess I'll never figure this out, sorry for asking but you don't get anywhere
in life if you don't ask questions.
I'm totally lost
Carpenter1
Junior Owner

Junior Owner

Postby hubmaster080 » 30 Apr 2017, 04:02

Don't be so Down on yourself.....everything you need to know how to do is in this forum somewhere....use the search bar man....first get cpu id(you will need this is you mess it up in order to bring it back to life....think of it as the master key to unlock your tablet.....without it you r up shit creek)
Your sbk can be calculated from your CPU id......you can use an sbk calculator found on the web....pretty sure there is a link to it in this forum...once again use the search bar....once u have this let me know and we will continue one step at a time....once we get the groundwork laid.....things will be much much easier.....this is the hardest part.
So I found a link to what might do it all for you.....try this on your PC
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=461
Make sure to read instructions....and make sure you have USB debugging turned on in developer settings on tablet.
If you don't have developer settings in settings...then go to about tablet and click on the setting that has the words"test keys" and click it about 7-10 times till it says developer settings enabled.
hubmaster080
Senior Owner

Junior Owner

Postby Carpenter1 » 30 Apr 2017, 14:03

Thanks for not giving up on me, I will start from scratch and figure this out
You are appreciated for taking the time to help out an old man
Carpenter1
Junior Owner

Junior Owner

Postby hubmaster080 » 30 Apr 2017, 15:31

Anytime man....don't worry about it....I remember when I first did this stuff...it wasn't easy for me....I have done it enough times now that I know it like second nature....
Like I said....if you are having problems at any point...I will try and help the best that I can

So what type of PC do you have?....what version of windows are you running?....believe it or not this makes a difference on the degree of difficulty in what you are trying to achieve.....which is why I ask...

I have been successful in helping people in other languages.....I'm sure that I can assist you to get you where you want to be!

Do you have a smartphone with a camera?....we can use this if you have errors in your progress...it helps to know the exact type of error
hubmaster080
Senior Owner

Junior Owner

Postby Carpenter1 » 30 Apr 2017, 23:33

I have a Lenovo Horizon 27 running windows 10
I do have a smart phone that might be a little smarter then me lol
I did find my CPUID (37c710042606217) guess that was a task completed
now to move on and download all I need to do this and hope no viruses accompany these downloads
I do appreciate your help and sucks that I'm so illiterate with this stuff, I do have an android box which is much simpler to update with sim card
Carpenter1
Junior Owner

Junior Owner

Postby Carpenter1 » 01 May 2017, 02:13

I give up
Just tried to load this A500 Manager v1.1.1 using this link http://adf.ly/R2q3k
and ended up with 3 Trojans and 20 programs infested my computer
spent the better half of the hour deleting them (better with PC's then Android tablets)
If anyone out there is willing to help I will ship my Acer and send it to them for updating
I cannot do this for the life of me.
Carpenter1
Junior Owner

Junior Owner

Postby freightyard » 01 May 2017, 04:40

Carpenter1 » 30 Apr 2017, 20:13 wrote:I give up
Just tried to load this A500 Manager v1.1.1 using this link http://adf.ly/R2q3k
and ended up with 3 Trojans and 20 programs infested my computer
spent the better half of the hour deleting them (better with PC's then Android tablets)
If anyone out there is willing to help I will ship my Acer and send it to them for updating
I cannot do this for the life of me.

Strong antivirus is a must these days - the built in windows defender should have caught it -
always scan any downloads with antivirus before running or unzipping them takes no time at all - right click file and scan with antivirus usually completes in less than a minute.
and set a restore point every couple of days so in this case you could have just done a quick restore and it would all be cleaned up.
i could make a decent living on all the local computers i get from friends and neighbors to clean up malware.
Everyone wants a computer but few really know how to secure them properly.
freightyard
Testers Group

Reputation point: 163
Junior OwnerJunior Owner

Return to Acer A500/A501 Discussion