Help

Discussion about the Acer A500/A501 (general chat, tips & tricks, Q&A, etc)

Help

Postby kullboys » 15 Dec 2017, 05:52

newbie here .. i was tying to root my device as i plug it into usb suddenly it just rebooted itself and now im stuck in acer logo (device still stock not rooted) i use everything every reset possible but still no go.. vol+ just give unrecoverable bootloader error .vol- give me a dead masscot with red exclamation & i have no uid or sbk as i cannot do anything with my tablet as i follow some guide in others like xda & acer with no go... but i can still get in apx mode as my computer recognize it in recovery mode .. i just run out of warranty 3wks and acer ask for 200$ to fix it .. any help will greatly be appreciated
btw i try to use the libusb thing but i dunno how to do it in window 7 .. im not computers savy but i think i can follow step by step guide

sorry if i post in wrong section or if theres another thread similar ..sorry
kullboys
Junior Owner

Reputation point: 0
Junior Owner

Re: Help

Postby turnert » 05 Jan 2018, 02:50

Use this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxBsJs4_QeQ
You may need to try a couple different stock firmware's before it works.
Finding the stock firmware is fairly difficult though so that will probably be the hardest part.
turnert
Junior Owner

Junior Owner

Postby nozorrog » 05 Jan 2018, 21:42

Brick fix tool package is here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1857
nozorrog
Junior Owner

Junior Owner

Postby hubmaster080 » 06 Jan 2018, 22:27

Bad sector not gonna do any good.....they don't have SBK or UID
I think you would be better off using timmydeans tool over at xda
Google it and then download tool and make sure your Acer USB drivers are Installed.
First of all you need to put tab in apx mode....to do this I think you press reset hole button and power for 3 to 5 secs and let go of reset hole button and remain holding power for 3 to 5 secs.....if done correctly then power light will be illuminated and screen will be dark....then start program on PC....click a few buttons and let it do its thing WITHOUT plugging tab in.....this is VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!this takes anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes so be patient....when it says it can't read what version OS it is then plug in and click button and it will put honeycomb back on it WITH root.....obviously you will need some ROMS and corresponding Gapps to go with it saved on an SD card
Just for the record I am going from memory and if there are any details that I missed....please feel free to add to this!!!
If I recall correctly ....it takes about 10 min or so for timmydeans tool to work after plugging in.....so be patient!!!
Also this is a last resort!!!!
What it does is reset partitions back to 3.2 format.....not very good to do on original Acer MOtherboard....they seem to be hit and miss when it comes to quality....I had a bad one that crapped out after a year and 1/2....had cpuid and SBK but it didn't matter....motherboard burnt on me so I had to get a new one...cost about 80$ USD for motherboard alone
hubmaster080
Senior Owner

Reputation point: 18
Junior Owner

Return to Acer A500/A501 Discussion